- 2 (250 ml) jars ofChef LELARGE Marinated Green Asparagus
- 50 g (1/4 cup) of butter
- 25 ml (5 teaspoons) of Chef LELARGE Balsamic Vinegar from Modena
- 500 ml (2 cups) of milk
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of cream
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of hazelnut oil
- Fleur de sel and freshly grated pepper to taste
1. Sauté the asparagus over high heat in the butter until golden. Remove the asparagus from the pan in order to avoid overcooking.
2. Deglaze the pan with the balsamic vinegar and reduce the vinegar until it reaches a syrup-like consistency.
3. Add the asparagus back to the pan, making sure to coat them well with the balsamic reduction. Keep warm.
4. Heat the milk in a saucepan.
5. Add the cream and the hazelnut oil, and emulsify with a hand-held mixer. Keep warm.
6. Dress the plates with the asparagus and garnish the asparagus with the milk and hazelnut mousse.
Tips and advices
The hazelnut oil can easily be replaced by a good-quality olive oil, or peanut oil. Sesame oil is not recommended, since its strong taste would change the original flavour of the recipe.