Snail and Portobello Mushroom Bundles
- 1 or 2 portobello mushrooms, diced
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) of shallots, diced small
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of butter
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) of white wine
- 1 (125 g) can of Chef LELARGE Snails
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of fresh parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 250 ml (1 cup) of cream cheese
- 1 pouch (40 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Bechamel Sauce Mix
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) of milk
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) of water
- 4 phyllo sheets
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of butter, melted
1. Sauté the mushrooms and shallots in the butter over medium heat. Deglaze the pan with the wine and let reduce by half.
2. Add the snails, garlic, parsley, pepper and cheese. Stir to blend.
3. Remove pan from the heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl, then set aside in the refrigerator.
4. Prepare the Bechamel Sauce according to the instructions. Keep warm.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
6. Put 1 sheet of phyllo on a large plate and brush it generously with butter. Repeat with the 3 other sheets. Cut the layered sheets into 4 squares (approximately 15 x 20 cm).
7. Add 1/4 of the chilled mixture to the centre of each square then bring the 4 corners together form a closed bundle.
8. Cook the bundles in the oven for 15 minutes on a thick-bottomed baking sheet or or two stacked sheets.
9. Serve with the Bechamel Sauce.
Tips and advices
Make sure that the mixture is chilled before adding it to the phyllo sheets, or they will get wet and tear easily. Avoid browning the shallots to prevent them from tasting bitter.