Grilled Flank Steak Marinated in Sherry Vinegar and Walnut Oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Chef LELARGE Sherry Vinegar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of walnut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of mild smoked paprika
- 1 sprig of fresh savoury
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of raw sugar
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of black peppercorns, crushed
- Flank Steak:
- 2 flank steaks (about 400-500 g each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of canola oil
- 1 pouch (40 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Pepper Sauce Mix
- 5 French radishes, julienned
- 1 (250 ml) jar of Chef LELARGE Marinated Green Asparagus
1. Place the first 7 ingredients in a resealable sealed plastic bag. Close bag and shake vigorously.
2. Add the flank steaks to the bag and let them marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (maximum of 12 hours).
3. Preheat the barbecue to medium-high.
4. Remove the flank steaks from the bag and salt and pepper them. Take care when adding pepper, as the accompanying pepper sauce already has quite a kick!
5. Lightly grease the grill with the canola oil, and cook the steaks for 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
6. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
7. In the meantime, prepare the sauce according to the instructions.
8. Divide the steak slices between 4 plates.
9. Drizzle steak slices with the sauce and garnish with the radishes. Serve the steaks with the marinated asparagus*.
Tips and advices
Replace the walnut oil with sesame oil or sunflower oil for a more subtle flavour.
* Serve these steaks with our recipe for Balsamic-Glazed Asparagus!