Opera Meatballs in Bordelaise Sauce
- 1 pouch (40 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Bordelaise Sauce Mix
- 250 g (1/2 lb) of ground pork
- 250 g (1/2 lb) of ground veal
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of oil
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) of fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) ground cloves
- Pepper to taste
1. Prepare the Bordelaise Sauce mix according to the instructions. Set aside.
2. Mix all the other ingredients and make 2 cm (1 inch) meatballs.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the meatballs until browned. Remove excess oil and add the sauce.
4. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. Arrange meatballs on a plate with a decorative toothpick and serve.
Tips and advices
This mixture can be frozen for a few months and reused with other types of meat. Simply place in refrigerator the day before to thaw, then heat in saucepan. Adjust the texture as needed with a little water if too thick, or a little cornstarch if too thin.