Spanish-Style Snail Brochettes
- 1 (125 g) can of Chef LELARGE Snails
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of Chef LELARGE White Balsamic
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) of olive oil
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 24 thin slices of chorizo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 wooden skewers
1. Rinse and drain the snails and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, garlic, green onion, white balsamic, 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of the olive oil and the thyme. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Sauté the chorizo slices for 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
4. To assemble the brochettes, alternate between half a cherry tomato, 2 slices of chorizo, and 2 snails.
5. In the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil and cook the brochettes for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste, keeping in mind that chorizo is often quiet salty to begin with. Serve immediately.
Tips and advices
You can replace the chorizo with prosciutto, eliminating the step of heating the meat beforehand and only heating the brochettes once assembled.