- 200 g (7 oz.) of 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 150 g(3/4 cup) of melted butter
- 315 ml (1 1/4 cup) of icing sugar
- 4 eggs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of flour
- 125 g (1/2 a 250 g can) ofChef LELARGE Chestnut Spread
- 215 g (1/2 a 435 g can) of Chef LELARGE Whole Chestnuts, drained, rinced and chopped
Recipe by Josée Robitaille, Consulting Chef
1. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or microwave.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
3. Using an electric beater, mix the butter and icing sugar.
4. Add 2 eggs and beat, then add half the flour, then remaining 2 eggs, then rest of flour. Mix between each addition.
5. Add the chocolate to the mixture. Fold in chestnut spread and chopped chestnuts.
6. Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8- or 9-in.-square baking pan.
7. Bake for 35–40 minutes or until brownies are slightly firm to the touch.
8. Let cool before cutting into squares.
Tips and advices
Use three types of chocolate (white, dark and milk) when decorating the brownies. Or, for variation, garnish them with berries!