Hearts of Palm Bruschetta and Parma Ham
- 1 (398 ml) can ofChef LELARGE Hearts of Palm Medallions, drained
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of parsley, chopped
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) of harissa (or Tabasco)
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of olive oil
- 1 baguette
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) of Chef LELARGE Balsamic Vinegar from Modena
- 4 slices of Parma ham (prosciutto)
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted
- 8 grape tomatoes (or cherry)
- A few basil leaves for garnish
Hearts of Palm Medallions
1. Add the first 6 ingredients, minus 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of olive oil, to a food processor and purée.
2. Slice the baguette and brush each slice with the remaining olive oil before grilling them in the oven.
3. In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes until it resembles light syrup.
4. Serve three croutons per plate. Garnish each crouton with the heart of palm purée and the Parma ham, olives, tomatoes and basil leaves.
5. Decorate each plate with the balsamic reduction.
Tips and advices
This recipe can be adjusted to make smaller canapés by simply slicing smaller croutons – or replace the croutons entirely with vegetable chips or toasted pita chips.