- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of Chef LELARGE White or Red Wine Vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of Chef LELARGE Capers, drained
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of anchovies, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of mayonnaise
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 360 g (3/4 lb.) of Chef LELARGE Crab Meat and Leg
Red Wine Vinegar
1. Sauté the shallots, garlic and basil in olive oil for 3 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and vinegar. Cook for 12 minutes over medium heat. Remove pan from heat and let mixture cool.
3. Add mixture to a food processor and purée.
4. Transfer the purée to a bowl and add the capers, anchovies and mayonnaise.
5. Mix well. Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
6. Add the crabmeat and spread mixture over grilled slices of bread or crackers.