Fish Chowder with Dill and Lemon
- 2 pouches (96 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Dill and Lemon Sauce Mix
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of fresh parsley, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 15% country-style cream
- 200 g (7 oz.) of fresh salmon fillet, diced
- 200 g (7 oz.) of tilapia fillet, diced
- 200 g (7 oz.) of doré fillet, diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of 15% cream or milk
- 4 rounds of puff pastry dough, 1 cm (1/2 inch) larger than the soup bowl
Dill and Lemon Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Prepare the Dill and Lemon Sauce according to the directions on the pouch; add the dry white wine, garlic, parsley and cream. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the diced fish, stirring gently. Remove from heat and season.
4. Pour the chowder into four ovenproof soup bowls.
5. Whisk the egg yolk and cream or milk together and brush the mixture onto the edges of the pastry rounds.
6. Cover each bowl with one pastry round, sealing it by pressing the edge of the pastry around the bowl.
7. Brush the pastry with the egg yolk and cream mixture.
8. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until pastry is golden brown and puffy. Serve warm.
Tips and advices
The chowder can also be served in bread bowls. Buy 4 round loaves of bread and heat for a few minutes in oven to toast lightly. Then slice off the top of each loaf, hollow out, and fill with chowder!