Grilled Goat Cheese Croutons with Caper Pesto
- Caper pesto:
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) of Chef LELARGE Capers
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of kalamata olives, pitted
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of pine nuts
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 or 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 30 fresh basil leaves
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of olive oil
- 12 slices of bread, lightly toasted
- 1 red pepper, grilled and sliced
- 125 g (1/2 cup) of goat cheese
1. Add all the pesto ingredients, minus the olive oil, to a food processor.
2. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
3. Add the olive oil and pulse until the pesto has emulsified.
1. Garnish each crouton with the caper pesto, a piece of red pepper and the goat cheese.
2. Broil the canapés in the oven until goat cheese is slightly golden.
3. Sprinkle each canapé with pepper.
Tips and advices
Replace the red pepper with slices of red-skinned apple that have been lightly brushed with olive oil and broiled for 1 or 2 minutes in the oven to slightly soften.