Shrimps and Scallops à l'Orange
- 20 large deveined fresh shrimps
- 20 large fresh scallops
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of dry white wine
- 1 pouch (40 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Orange Sauce Mix
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cup) of cold water
- Orange zest
- Fresh chopped parsley
1. In a pan on high heat, cook deveined fresh shrimps and fresh scallops in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of butter about 5 minutes until they become opaque. Set aside on absorbent paper.
2. Add 15 ml (1 tablespoon) butter to pan and cook onion and red pepper for 3 minutes. Deglaze with dry white wine.
3. In a bowl, whisk the Orange Sauce mix into the cold water, then add to pan.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer on low. Add shrimps and scallops and let simmer 3 minutes.
5. Serve on a bed of basmati rice and garnish with orange zest and fresh chopped parsley.
Tips and advices
Brown a few pieces of orange peel in pan with a bit of maple syrup to caramelize, then use to garnish dish.