Slivered Chicken with Orange Cream Sauce
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of butter
- 450 g (1 lb) of chicken or turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pouch (40 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Orange Sauce, prepared according to directions
- Few dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of 15% country-style cream
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a non-stick skillet, heat oil and butter over high heat and sauté the poultry in 2 or 3 batches until golden brown. Set aside.
2. In the same skillet, cook the shallots for 2 minutes. De-glaze with white wine, season and stir in the Orange sauce with a few dashes of Tabasco sauce.
3. Add the poultry to the sauce, simmer for 5 minutes, whisk in the cream. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Tip and advices
Serve with jasmine rice and seasonal vegetables.
For rice with more texture, first sauté cubed onions in saucepan with a bit of olive oil. Add rice (without water) and stir-fry for a few seconds over maximum heat without browning. Then add water and cook as usual.