Grilled Beef Sirloin with Shallots and Red Wine Sauce
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of butter
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) of black pepper, finely crushed
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) of dry red wine
- 1 pouch (28 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Demi-Glace Gravy Mix, prepared according to instructions
- 4 beef sirloins, 200 g (7 oz.) each
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a skillet, sauté shallots in butter for 3 minutes.
2. Add black pepper and deglaze with red wine. Reduce by one third, blend in the prepared Demi-Glace Sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Grill the sirloins on the barbecue until cooked to taste. Season.
4. Top sirloins with sauce when serving.
Tips and advices
To ensure that the beef is tender, wrap it in aluminum foil after being cooked on the BBQ and let rest for 5 minutes. Then remove meat and top with sauce. Serve with a mesclun salad garnished with strawberries and toasted pine nuts, drizzled with a balsamic dressing.