Escargot Feuilletés with Garlic Flowers
- 1 pouch (39 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine White Wine Suprême Sauce Mix
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cups) of water
- 20 ml (4 teaspoons) of garlic flowers
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of chopped garlic
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of 15% cream
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 125 g (about 5 oz.) of Chef LELARGE Snails, rinsed and drained
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of chopped fresh chives
- 4 homemade or store-bought puff pastry shells
1. In a saucepan, dissolve the White Wine Suprême Sauce mix with water and whisk until smooth.
2. Cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic flowers, garlic, cream and pepper to taste, then simmer for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the snails and chives and simmer for another 3 minutes. Pepper to taste.
5. Divide snails and sauce evenly among puff pastry shells. If desired, garnish with chive stems.
Tips and advices
You can make homemade puff pastry using phyllo sheets. Simply brush about 4 sheets of phyllo pastry generously with butter and stack one above the other. Then cut into squares big enough to fit into muffin tins so that pastry extends slightly beyond each mould. Bake in oven until golden or according to package instructions. Serve the mixture in these homemade puff pastry cups.