Creamy Chestnut Flans
- 100 g (3 oz.) of unsalted butter, diced
- 1 can (500 g) of Chef LELARGE Chestnut Spread
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of 35% whipping cream
- 30 g (1 oz.) of dark chocolate, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F).
2. Soften the butter in the microwave for a few seconds.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and chestnut spread. Add the nutmeg and sea salt.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg yolks. Add the chestnut spread butter mixture and mix until well blended.
5. Divide the mixture equally between six 250 ml (1 cup) ramekins.
6. Bake the flans in center of oven for 30 minutes, then let cool for 30 minutes.
7. In the meantime, whip the cream.
8. Garnish each flan with whipped cream and grated chocolate. Serve immediately.
Tips and advices
Serve these flans with our Chestnut Chantilly Cream recipe or, for a lighter dessert, serve with berries instead of whipped cream.