Rolled chestnut cake
60 min.10 min.8 - 10
- 6 eggs
- 250ml (1 cup) of sugar
- 190ml(¾ cup) of flour
- 15ml(2 tablespoons) of cocoa
- 1.25ml(¼ teaspoon) of salt
- 10ml(2 teaspoons) of baking powder
- 400gof salted butter - room temperature
- 500g(1 can) of chestnut spread
- 2egg yolks
- 2oz.(55ml) of dark rum
- Mix eggs and sugar with hand mixer.
- Add dry ingredients with a spatula taking care not to over mix.
- Pour mixture into a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Combine all icing ingredients in bowl and mix until mixture is thick. Set aside.
- Unmold cake and place on a damp cloth, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Roll cake using cloth.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, unroll it and spread chestnut icing over entire surface, then roll again.
- Coat with meringue and brown in oven or replace meringue with vanilla or chocolate ganache.