Dark chocolate icing
65 min.2 min.500ml (2t)
- 10oz. (280g) 70% chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) whipping cream 35%
- 30ml(2 teaspoons) unsalted butter, diced - room temperature
- 1.25ml(¼ teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 250g(1 can) Chef LELARGE chestnut spread
- Put chocolate in bowl big enough for 2 cups of liquid. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, bring cream to a boil. Let stand 1 minute without stirring.
- Mix everything together with a whisk until chocolate is completely melted and everything is smooth. Add butter and vanilla and stir until butter is melted.
- Add canned chestnut spread and whisk lightly with a mixer until the mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until frosting is spreadable, but not too firm.
*You can omit the chestnut spread in the icing by skipping step 4 to get chocolate icing only.
Tips and Advices
This icing is delicious and perfect for 14 Chocolate Cupcakes with Chestnuts!