Fortissimo Pepper-Squash Gnocchi
- 500 g (1 lb.) pepper squash, peeled and cubed
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 pouch (40 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Pepper Sauce Mix
- 250 ml (1 cup) of all-purpose flour
- 1 potato, cooked and puréed
- 2 egg yolks
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1. Boil the squash for 8 minutes. Drain and purée.
2. Return to the pan, add the butter and garlic and cook for 10 minutes to thicken the purée.
3. Stir the contents of the Pepper Sauce mix together with the flour, potato purée and egg yolks. Mix to a smooth paste. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. With floured hands, shape the mixture into balls and flatten with a fork.
5. Bring salted water to a boil.
6. Poach the gnocchi for 2 minutes in boiling water, or just until they float to the surface.
7. Heat the oil over low heat with the thyme and sun-dried tomatoes.
8. Pour sauce over hot gnocchi and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Tips and advices
These gnocchi also go wonderfully with a homemade pesto combining finely chopped basil, Parmesan, garlic, hazelnut oil and pine nuts.