Duck Breast with Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 oranges
- 4 duck breasts
- 60 ml (4 tablespoons) of sugar
- 60 ml (4 tablespoons) ofChef LELARGE Balsamic Vinegar from Modena
- 315 ml (1 1/4 cups) of chicken stock
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) of cooking cream (15% or 35%)
Balsamic Vinegar from Modena
1. Peel and quarter the oranges. Slice the orange peels into thin strips.
2. Place the duck breasts skin side down in a hot pan and cook until skin is crispy and golden. Turn the breasts over (skin side up), cooking them until pink in the centre or at the most medium well-done.
3. Remove breasts from pan and tent them with aluminum foil.
4. Remove any excess fat from the pan and add the orange zest and sugar. Add the vinegar and stock and reduce the sauce for 10 minutes or until the sauce caramelizes. Add the cream and reduce until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
5. Slice the duck breast thinly and drizzle the slices with the sauce. Garnish each plate with quartered oranges.