Glazed Ham Medallions with Orange Sauce and Red Bell Pepper
- 4 thick ham slices, approx. 180 g (6 oz.) each
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of butter
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of Chef LELARGE white wine vinegar
- 1 pouch (40 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Orange Sauce Mix, prepared according to the directions
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a skillet, sauté ham slices in butter over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, or grill them on the barbecue. Set aside on a plate in the oven at 160°C (325°F).
2. In the same skillet, sauté red bell pepper for 3 minutes. Deglaze with white wine vinegar and add the prepared sauce.
3. Season and simmer approx. 3 minutes.
4. Top medallions with a few spoonfuls of Orange Sauce and finish cooking in the oven or on the grill for 5 minutes.
5. Spoon some sauce onto plates and add the medallions.
Tips and advices
To impart a smoky flavour to this dish, grill the ham on the barbecue using a plank of wood intended for the purpose. Grilling planks can be found in some supermarkets, hardware stores, fish shops, etc., and are made of untreated wood (no stains or chemical products). It is important to soak the plank for at least an hour so that it will provide the moisture necessary for cooking. Lastly, sauté the red pepper in a skillet with butter, as indicated.
Serve with asparagus spears and mashed potato.