Pine Nut Encrusted Filet Mignon with Balsamic Sauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of pine nuts
- 4 filets mignons, about 150 g (5 oz.) each
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of butter
- 170 ml (2/3 cup) of Chef LELARGE Balsamic Vinegar from Modena
- 1 pouch (28 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Demi-Glace Gravy Mix, prepared according to instructions
- 250 ml (1 cup) of seedless red or black grapes, halved
Balsamic Vinegar from Modena
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Crush the pine nuts using the flat side of a knife.
3. Salt and pepper the filets mignons, then coat them with the crushed pine nuts.
4. Place the oil and half the butter in a hot frying pan; sear the filets mignons about 1 to 2 minutes per side, being careful not to overheat since pine nuts burn easily. Remove filets mignons from frying pan and place on a baking sheet.
5. Cook in the oven for 5 to 15 minutes, depending on preferred level of doneness.
6. In a saucepan, reduce the balsamic vinegar for 5 to 7 minutes over high heat to form syrup.
7. Add the prepared Demi-Glace Sauce mix, simmer for 3 minutes and set aside.
8. In a frying pan, add the grapes and the remaining butter; sauté over medium heat about 3 minutes. Serve.
Tips and advices
Grilled vegetables are an ideal accompaniment to this dish.
Or consider serving the filet mignon as tapas before a meal! Simply slice the meat into small strips and place 1 or 2 slices in an Asian spoon, with the sauce.