Halibut tick-cut fillet with sliced shallots and caramelized crispy capers
10 min.20 min.4
- 30 ml(2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3large French shallots - about 375 ml (1 ½ cup) finely chopped
- 45 ml(3 tablespoons) Chef LELARGE capers, drained and patted dry
- 15 ml(1 tablespoon) butter
- 4fillets of about 180 g (6 oz.) halibut, cod, turbot or other white fish
- 60 ml(1/4 cup) parsley, coarsely chopped
- 5 ml(1 teaspoon) Chef LELARGE balsamic vinegar
- Lemon zest, finely grated - to taste
- Salt and pepper
Recipe by Josée Robitaille, Consulting Chef
- In a large non adhesive pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add shallots and capers and cook 7 to 10 minutes, until lightly caramelized and crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a paper towel.
- Add butter to pan and a dash of olive oil if necessary.
- Season the fish and sear over medium high heat until you get a coloration.
- Then, reduce to medium-low and cook for 8-10 minutes (for tick-cut halibut) or 4-5 minutes (for cod or turbot filets), until the fish is cooked, depending on the thickness of the fish selected.
- In a small bowl, combine shallots and capers, parsley and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve over fish, sprinkle with grated lemon zest and serve with seasonal vegetables.