Sautéed Snails and Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 portobello mushrooms, about 8 cm (3 inches) in diameter
- 24 Chef LELARGE Snails, drained, rinsed
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of herb butter
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- Mixed lettuce leaves such as endive, lollo rosso, oak leaf lettuce, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C / 350°F.
2. Destem mushrooms and place them round side down on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
3. Season and cover with aluminum foil. Cook the mushrooms for 8 minutes.
4. In a skillet over low heat, sauté the snails in the herb butter for 7 to 8 minutes.
5. Add the tomato and mix well.
6. Divide the snail and tomato mixture between the portobello mushrooms and serve with mixed lettuce leaves.