Asparagus, Feta and Broccoli Quiche
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of flour, sifted
- 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) of salt
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) of cold butter, in small pieces
- 60 ml (4 tablespoons) of water
- 1 head of broccoli
- 250 ml (1 cup) of smoked lardons (bacon)
- 1 jar (250 ml) of Chef LELARGE Marinated Green Asparagus
- 335 ml (1 1/3 cups) of feta cheese, crumbled
- 500 ml (2 cups) of 15% cooking cream
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) of Emmenthal cheese, grated
- Ground nutmeg to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Marinated Green Asparagus
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. Add the flour and salt to a large bowl. Add the butter andmix in with your hands. Add the water and form the dough into a ball without over-mixing. Cover the dough in flour and let it rest for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
3. Dust a clean work surface with flour and roll out the dough. Butter and flour a pie plate and add the rolled dough to the plate, pressing the dough gently to fit the pie plate. Trim the dough if needed.
1. Wash the broccoli and cut into small florets. Blanch the florets in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
2. In a non-stick pan, sauté the lardons until rendered.
3. To the pie shell place lardons, asparagus, broccoli florets and feta cheese in the pie shell.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the cream and the eggs. Add a pinch of nutmeg and pepper. The lardons and feta are quite salty, so there is no need for salt.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell and sprinkle the filling with Emmenthal cheese.
6. Cook the quiche for 35-40 minutes.