Saddle of Rabbit Dijonnaise
- 2 saddles of rabbit, deboned, 300 g (10 oz.) each
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of applesauce, unsweetened
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of Chef LELARGE Dijon Mustard
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of sunflower (or vegetable) oil
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) of white wine
- 1 pouch (42 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Dijon and Honey Sauce Mix
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cup) of water
Dijon and Honey Sauce
1. Heat oven to 180˚C (350°F).
2. Stuff the 2 saddles with applesauce, Dijon Prepared Mustard, thyme and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, then close and tie saddles with string.
3. In an ovenproof skillet, sauté saddles in sunflower oil, about 2 minutes on each side. Bake 10 minutes in oven.
4. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, prepare the Dijon and Honey Sauce mix. Deglaze the pan with white wine and cook another 10 minutes in the oven.
5. Turn saddles, pour on sauce, then cover and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Remove saddles from oven, remove string, slice and serve with sauce.
Tips and advices
It is important to have good technique when deboning the saddles, using a delicate approach. Consult the Internet to find demonstrations of the technique.
For variety, substitute butterflied chicken breasts for the rabbit.