Salmon and Crab Rillettes
- Fewsplashes of olive oil
- 350 g (3/4 lb.) of fresh salmon fillet (a fairly thick piece from the back), skin on
- 1 can (120 g) of Chef LELARGE Crab Meat and Leg, well drained
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) of cream cheese
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of Chef LELARGE Capers, drained and chopped
- 20 ml (4 teaspoons) of chopped fresh dill or chives
- Chef LELARGE Hearts of Palm, drained and sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Recipe by Josée Robitaille, Consulting Chef
Crab Meat and Leg
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. Place the salmon fillet on an oiled baking tray, then brush fish with oil and season.
3. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of fillet. The fish is cooked when the skin comes off easily.
4. Let the salmon cool for about 10 minutes, then break it up into small pieces with a fork.
5. While the salmon is baking, combine in a bowl the crab meat, cream cheese, capers and dill.
6. Add the salmon, season and mix well.
7. Serve as an appetizer on hearts of palm medallions, Belgian endive leaves or grilled baguette slices.
8. Garnish with the capers and fresh dill.
Tips and advices
These rillettes can also be used to make other dishes, such as our Club Sandwich Reinvented.