Artichoke and Garlic Flower Salad
- 2 (170 ml) small jars or 1 (340 ml) big jar of Chef LELARGE Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Garlic flowers
- Olive oil
- 3 sweet peppers (assorted colours), sliced
- 16 slices of pancetta (or bacon), cooked and crumbled
- Pistachio nuts, shelled and toasted
- Homemade mayonnaise:
- 2 egg yolks
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of Chef LELARGE Dijon Mustard
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of Chef LELARGE Balsamic Vinegar from Modena
- 250 ml (1 cup) of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Marinated Artichoke Hearts
1. Drain and halve the artichokes. Toss them in garlic flowers and a little olive oil and roast in the oven. Let cool.
2. In a bowl, toss together the artichokes, sweet peppers, pancetta, and pistachios.
1. Mix the egg yolks with the mustard, vinegar and garlic flowers.
2. While whisking constantly add the oil in a steady stream.
3. Drizzle the mayonnaise over the salad.