Colourful Artichoke Hearts and Bean Salad
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) ofChef LELARGE Shallot Red Wine Vinegar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of olive oil
- 33Salt and pepper to taste
- 500 ml(2 cups) of green and yellow beans, sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices of prosciutto, cut into strips
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) of cooked canned red lentils, drained
- 1 (340 ml) jar of Chef LELARGE Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
1. In a food processor, mix the liquid from the artichoke hearts with the vinegar and olive oil until emulsified.
2. Season to taste.
1. Blanch the beans for 3 minutes in boiling salted water.
2. Drain the beans and immediately rinse under cold water.
3. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté the prosciutto in the olive oil until it is crispy (2-3 minutes).
4. In a bowl gently mix together half the vinaigrette with the beans, lentils, artichoke hearts and onions.
5. Add the prosciutto just before serving.
Tips and advices
The prosciutto can be replaced with bacon. Chop the bacon into pieces and sauté them as you would the prosciutto until crispy.