Apple and Celery Salad
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 an apple (Empire, Cortland, etc.)
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) of Chef LELARGE Strong Dijon Mustard
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of walnut or hazelnut oil
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of olive oil
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of Chef LELARGE Cider Vinegar from Normandy
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of coarsely chopped celery leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Recipe by Josée Robitaille, Consulting Chef
Cider Vinegar from Normandie
1. Using a mandolin or a chef’s knife, thinly slice the celery and apple.
2. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and season. Taste and adjust seasoning.
3. Set aside at room temperature while preparing the tartare. Do not prepare too far in advance so that the salad stays nice and crisp.
Tips and advices
If slicing the apple in advance, sprinkle it with lemon juice to prevent browning.