Orzo Salad with Fresh Citrus and Hearts of Palm
- 250 ml (1 cup) of orzo
- 1 large orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 lime, juiced
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) of chives, chopped
- 3 to 4 Chef LELARGE Hearts of Palm
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) of mâche or baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Fleur de sel and pepper to taste
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Chef LELARGE White Balsamic, reduced
1. Cook the orzo according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Let the pasta cool down in the refrigerator, or rinse it in cold water.
3. Supreme the orange and grapefruit by using a sharp paring knife to slice away the peel and the pith, and then removing the citrus segments from their membranes. Cut the surpemes in half and put them in a bowl with the lime juice. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine the cold orzo with the other ingredients, minus the balsamic reduction.
5. Season to taste with the fleur de sel and pepper.
6. When ready to serve, drizzle the salad lightly with the balsamic reduction.
Tips and advices
For the balsamic reduction, either a saucepan or a sauté pan works well. Bring the White Balsamic to a boil until reduced by half or until thickened. Let the reduction return to room temperature before serving.