Moroccan-Style Hearts of Palm Salad
- 2 carrots
- 1 (398 ml) can ofChef LELARGE Hearts of Palm
- 8 Chef LELARGE Young Corn on Cobs, sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) of pitted dates, quartered (or raisins)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of blanched whole almonds, toasted
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of lemon juice
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) of olive oil
- 2 to 3 pinches of ground cumin
- 2 to 3 pinches of ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley to taste, finely chopped
Corn on Cobs
1. Peel and julienne the carrots (cut them into matchsticks).
2. Blanch the carrots for a few seconds in boiling salted water in order to cook them, but also to retain some of their crispness.
3. Cut 2 hearts of palm into medallions, and julienne the remaining heart of palm. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and combine.
4. Season to taste with the salt, pepper and parsley.
Tips and advices
A Moroccan spice mix called Ras el Hanout would work well with this salad. Ras el Hanout can be used in various ways, including as a seasoning for beef. This type of spice mix is mostly sold at fine grocers or specialized merchants.