Warm quinoa salad with artichokes and shrimp
- 175 ml(3/4 cup) quinoa
- 250 ml(1 cup) vegetable broth
- 1 can(398 ml) Chef LELARGE artichoke hearts, drained
- A dash of olive oil
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 30 ml(2 tablespoons) Chef LELARGE capers, drained
- 10 ml(2 teaspoons) Chef LELARGE Dijon mustard
- 10 ml(2 teaspoons) Chef LELARGE white balsamic
- 30 ml(2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 80 ml(1/3 cup) freshly grated Parmesan
- 80 ml(1/3 cup) basil leaves, chopped
- 60 ml(1/4 cup) chives cut into strips of 1cm (1/2 inch)
- 24shrimps size 16-20, cooked
- Salt and pepper
Recipe by Josée Robitaille, Consulting Chef
- Pour quinoa in a colander and rinse with cold water until the water flowing from colander is clear.
- In a saucepan, combine broth and quinoa, salt, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut artichokes in half and place cut side down on paper towel.
- In a pan, heat a dash of olive oil over medium high heat and sear artichoke hearts for 3 to 4 minutes or until they are lightly caramelized.
- Season, add garlic, capers and cook 1 minute.
- In a bowl, combine quinoa, mustard, vinegar and olive oil.
- Add artichokes, parmesan, basil and chives.
- Serve warm with shrimp and roasted tomatoes if desired.
ROASTED TOMATOES: cut 16 cherry tomatoes in half and place on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil, salt, pepper and sprinkle with a little sugar. Bake at 120°C (250°F) for 2 hours. Tomatoes can be prepared the day before.
Tips and advices
This recipe can be served as appetizer or main dish for brunch or dinner. You can omit the shrimp and serve quinoa as a side dish to grilled chicken or fish.