Sherry Vinegar and Spicy Mango Barbecue Sauce
- 1 pouch (28 g) of Chef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Demi-Glace Gravy Mix
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Chef LELARGE Sherry Vinegar
- 1 large mango, ripe but firm, diced small
- 1 red Thai chili, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of ground ginger
- 2.5 ml (1 teaspoon) of lime zest
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of fresh lime juice
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) of raw sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the Demi-Glace Sauce according to the instructions, then add 125 ml (1/2 cup) of extra water.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the sauce and let simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
3. Purée the sauce in a food processor.
4. Season to taste and let cool.
5. The barbecue sauce can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week and in the freezer for up to a month. This sauce would make an excellent marinade and/or accompanying sauce for ribs, chicken drumsticks or pork tenderloin.
Tips and advices
If freezing the sauce, do so in an ice cube tray; once they are frozen, pop out the barbecue sauce cubes and place them in a resealable plastic bag for individual use.