Oriental Orange and Ginger Stir-Fry
- 75 g (1 1/2 lb.) of beef, chicken or pork, cut into strips
- 750 ml (3 cups) of mixed Oriental vegetables
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of fresh grated ginger
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) of cashews
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cups) of cold water
- 1 pouch (40 g) ofChef LELARGE Fine Cuisine Orange Sauce Mix
1. Sauté strips of beef, chicken or pork until brown.
2. Add vegetables, fresh grated ginger and cashews. Season and sauté 5 minutes.
3. Add cold water to Orange Sauce mix and stir into the other ingredients. Let simmer about 3 minutes. Serve.
Tips and advices
You can replace the beef, pork or chicken with fried tofu. Serve the dish with sticky rice, which can be found at Asian grocery stores.
If you have too much ginger, freeze it unpeeled. It will keep its sharp flavour, and its juice will even be easier to extract once it is thawed.