Curried Hearts of Palm and Nordic Shrimp Tapas
- Curry mayonnaise:
- 2 egg yolks
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of Chef LELARGE Dijon Mustard
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of Chef LELARGE Shallot Red Wine Vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of curry powder
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of honey
- Pinch of turmeric
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (398 ml) cans of Chef LELARGE Hearts of Palm , thinly sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) of Nordic shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of finely chopped coriander leaves
Hearts of Palm
1. In a medium bowl. whisk together the egg yolks, Dijon mustard, Shallot Red Wine Vinegar, curry powder, honey and turmeric.
2. While whisking continuously, add the canola oil in a steady stream.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the hearts of palm, shrimps, green onions and coriander leaves.
2. Delicately fold the curry mayonnaise into the heart of palm and shrimp mixture. Season to taste.
3. Add a generous tablespoon to each Asian spoon.
Tips and advices
Instead of spoons, try store-bought precooked mini puff pastry shells or other canapé bases. Or serve the curried hearts of palm and shrimp mixture in verrines (small glasses).