Fresh Salmon Tartare with Capers
20 min.0 min.4
- 454 g (1 lb.) of fresh salmon fillet, without skin
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of chives, chopped
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of Chef LELARGE Capers
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of lemon zest
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of mayonnaise
- 7.5 ml (1/2 tablespoon) of olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of lemon juice
- Endive leaves
- Fleur de sel and pepper to taste
- Cut the salmon into small cubes, taking care not to mash the flesh.
- Transfer the cubed salmon to a bowl and add the dill, the chives, the capers and the lemon zest. Blend together and add the mayonnaise.
- Season the tartare with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve the tartare immediately by forming it into balls and filling the endive leaves.
Tips and advices
It is best to serve this tartare immediately, as the salt and lemon juice will ''cook'' the salmon if left too long. Leave out the salt and lemon juice until the last minute if making the tartare in advance.