- 3 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of butter
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) of pomegranate syrup or honey
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of Chef LELARGE Red Wine Vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) ofChef LELARGE Sherry Vinegar
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) of mascarpone cheese
- 1 egg
- 30 g (1 oz.) of Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 6 mini store-bought puff pastry shells, precooked
- Fresh thyme to taste
Red Wine Vinegar
1. Sauté the onions in butter for 10 minutes in order to caramelize them.
2. Add the pomegranate syrup (or honey) and the vinegars. Let the onions simmer until the liquids have evaporated (about 45 minutes). Set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix together the mascarpone cheese and eggs until well blended.
4. Add the Parmesan cheese shavings to the bottom of each pastry shell.
5. Add 2.5 ml (1 teaspoon) of onion confit to each shell. Add 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of the mascarpone and egg mixture to the shells, and then another 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of onion confit.
6. Bake the tartlets in a 200°C (400°F) oven for 10 minutes.
7. Garnish the tartlets with fresh thyme before serving.