Artichoke Pancetta Tatin Pie
- 6 pancetta slices, diced
- 1 (398 ml) can of Chef LELARGE Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of fresh ricotta (or quark cheese)
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of Chef LELARGE Dijon Mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of butter
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of honey
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of fresh thyme
- 125 g (4 oz.) of pie dough
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (350°F).
2. Sauté the pancetta for about 2 minutes. Remove pancetta from pan and set aside.
3. Cut the artichoke hearts in two and let drain on a paper towel.
4. Lightly brown the artichoke hearts in the same sauté pan. Set aside.
5. In a bowl, blend together ricotta, mustard, egg, shallots, pancetta, adding a generous amount of pepper.
6. Mix together, in another bowl, the butter, honey and thyme.
7. Grease a pie plate (15 to 18 cm [6-7 inches] in diameter) with the butter mixture.
8. To the pie plate add the artichoke hearts and cover them with the ricotta mixture.
9. Layer the artichoke hearts in pie plate and place it over ricotta mixture, gently pressing all around the edge to fit it into the pie plate.
10. Cook the tart for 35-40 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then invert onto a plate before serving.
Tips and advices
Serve the tart with marinated sweet peppers and arugula salad or with oven confit tomatoes on the vine.